Cannot import .tmx memory
Thread poster: Tony Keily

Tony Keily  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:17
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 5, 2010

I'm using the trial version of memoQ 4, due to expire in a few days (for now I'm planning to buy the Standard version).

When setting up a project for a customer who has sent me a TM in .tmx format, I get as far as the importing stage and then find nothing added to my list of memories, ticked or otherwise.

One potential problem does occur to me: when the tmx file info comes up in the import dialgue box, it tells me the file has 'no name' and that its language is 'not recognized'.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Looks like a defective TMX file... Jul 5, 2010

To me this is either a defective TMX file or a file in some other format with the TMX extension. You might want to double-check with the customer. Feel free to email me via my Proz.com's profile and I will have a quick look at the contents of the file. I might be able to see whether it is a an actual TMX file.

Tony Keily  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 5, 2010

Hi Tomás,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I'll send this on to the client. It's a big institutional customer so I'd better hold off forwarding the TM to you in case I don't have their permission.

I've actually had the same problem for two separate TMs which have come through for two different jobs for the customer, so at least it seems to be a 'generic' error.

rmackay
Local time: 16:17
language issue Jul 5, 2010

could it be something as simple as a different language in the tmx file than is in the project?

bearing in mind the 5 or so different options for English to be found in memoQ?

Just a stab in the darkicon_smile.gif

Regards - Ruairidh

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import .tmx memory

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search