Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:58
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 22, 2010

I am thinking about switching from Studio 2009 to MemoQ, I have downloaded a trial version of MemoQ and I am comparing strengths and weaknesses of both programs.
In Studio 2009 I quite often use Google Translate as I find that, however imperfect, it speeds my work. I am wondering if there is any way of using it in MemoQ or if there are any known plans to introduce?

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:58
French to Polish
+ ...
Available for MQ 4.5 Sep 22, 2010

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

I am thinking about switching from Studio 2009 to MemoQ, I have downloaded a trial version of MemoQ and I am comparing strengths and weaknesses of both programs.
In Studio 2009 I quite often use Google Translate as I find that, however imperfect, it speeds my work. I am wondering if there is any way of using it in MemoQ or if there are any known plans to introduce?

It will be available as optional feature for MQ 4.5.
In few days.

Cheers
GG

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
That's great information! Sep 22, 2010

It will be available as optional feature for MQ 4.5.
In few days.

Thank you very much for sharing this

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh my Sep 23, 2010

OK guys, anything we can use to speed up our work (and MemoQ has plenty of possibilities) is good, but I sincerely think that letting Google Translate touch our work automatically diminishes its quality.

Would we write the way Google will? Certainly not. Are we relinquising our quality for a couple of bucks?

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Perhaps we could stick to compatibility of MemoQ with Google Translate Sep 23, 2010

Hi,

Tomás I really appreciate your concern, I am just afraid that if we go this way this thread is going to become another thread about how bad Google Translate is and there are already quite a few such threads.

TBH from the very beginning I was afraid that it may become yet another endless thread about either whose tool is better or why Google Translate is bad.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't worry! Sep 23, 2010

Stanislaw Czech wrote:
TBH from the very beginning I was afraid that it may become yet another endless thread about either whose tool is better or why Google Translate is bad.

No, please don't worry! I just wanted to raise a little red flag about it.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Google Translate !!??? Sep 28, 2010

Hi Folks,

please lets separate the wheat from the chaff... Google Translate... AAAH HAHAHAHAHA !!
What about a link to the IATE database instead?

Mike

HAHAHAHAHA caugh , caugh...

[Edited at 2010-09-28 10:20 GMT]

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Unofficial plugin? Sep 28, 2010

MikeTrans wrote:

What about a link to the IATE database instead?

Mike

HAHAHAHAHA caugh , caugh...

[Edited at 2010-09-28 10:20 GMT]

Hi,

they said IATE integration is not possible because it would give them a competitive advantage causing legas issues. If I understood it right, there's something like an unofficial plugin for Google Translate since version 6.2. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Noe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ and Google Translate

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »