Thread poster: Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:36
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 25, 2010

From Kilgray's site about the new features in MemoQ 4.5 (to be released in a matter of days, as it seems):
LiveAlign™. Alignment has traditionally been done prior to translation. How much time have you lost aligning segments you won't need? Eliminate unnecessary work! memoQ's LiveAlign™ technology shifts alignment into the translation workflow. memoQ aligns the segments needed on the fly in the translation grid, performing the bulk of the work automatically but still allowing human intervention as necessary to fine-tune the results. What's more, memoQ learns as it does this.

ActiveTM™. Simplify the management of past translations and create collections of translated documents. These collections, or corpora, work like translation memories by providing fuzzy and exact matches, but you always have context for your translations. Removing a bad translation is also easy. Very easy.

Library™. memoQ integrates search technology that allows you to find any expression in reference documents and to view it in context. Even a monolingual document can be added into your project as part of the reference Library. It'll be at your fingertips and available to consult without leaving the memoQ interface.

ezAttach™. memoQ projects can now contain images, executable files, sounds - whatever helps with translation accuracy can be packaged in your project. When you select these materials, memoQ opens them with the appropriate viewer.

Are these people plain nuts or what!?

Well, it is for this kind of insanity and thrill what I switched to MemoQ for! I am very eager to see some of them in the webinars taking place these days.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anette Jakobsen
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Me too! Sep 25, 2010

Definitely agree! Can't wait to see it!

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
A huge difference from past MemoQ versions Sep 28, 2010

Hi,

I have attended the webinar yesterday.
The "LiveDocs" tab which will be a replacement of the section for translated documents allows you to add/manage Corpus Documents, containing aligned documents, normal documents, translated documents usable as TM, monolingual documents, even pure images added to a document. Seach or Concordance will of course work within these documents during translation.

Users of Star Transit will figure out this picture very fast, I think.

Anything what helps getting the right and most of the context is very helpful for translation.
One of the most time-saving procedure is certainly that you can now create projects as DOMAINS you frequently translate in and dealing with Corpus Documents instead of making a time consuming management with the attributes of a TM to gather context.
Time is over for situations where you don't know exactly what's in your TM or if your resources will fit your projects: just look at your corpus documents, but be sure to organize them in the right way.

Of course, you can still use your TMs as before if you wish. The possibility of the choice is a breakthrough in my opinion, I've not yet seen such a flexibility in other translation tools.

The result window within the Editor will clearly name a match according to its source: "tm" for Translation Memory, another label for the corpora, etc.., so you'll always know where your results come from, with the big difference that now, with the corpora, you have the full context if you want and - probably ? - can make changes on the fly if necessary.

For anyone with very large TM's (as me): according to the webinar presentation, MemoQ 4.5 will be up to 8x faster!

A great package of improvements !
Congratulations,

Mike

[Edited at 2010-09-28 09:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 4.5 - "Throw away your TMs!"

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search