Document export in MemoQ just "freezes"
Thread poster: svenfrade

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:52
French to German
+ ...
Oct 11, 2010

I have just finished the translation of an Excel file in MemoQ and need to export the translation into a new Excel file.

After a while, the process just seems to freeze and it gets to a point, where it just won't go any further. I get the pop-up saying "Please wait while MemoQ ..." and somewhere near the end everything comes to a halt. I don't get an error message either, I made sure that there are no missing tags that might prevent MemoQ from exporting the document, I restarted the computer but nothing seems to work. Once again, I'm completely at a loss since I have to deliver in less than 2 hours.

Any ideas what might help or what I might be doing wrong?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not your fault... Oct 11, 2010

May I ask you whether your computer is up-to-date? I mean, have you ran Windows Update recently? I have seen that MemoQ can have trouble sometimes if the computer is not up-to-date. Give it a try just for the sake of it!

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately Oct 11, 2010

this didn't work, Tomás, but at least my computer is up-to-date now. Thanks a lot for trying to help anyway.

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:52
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
support@kilgray.com Oct 11, 2010

@inkweaver

I would contact memoQ support about this:

http://kilgray.com/support/contact-support

As well as ask on the memoQ mailing list, here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Document export in MemoQ just "freezes"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search