Dagdelen  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:42
Member (2010)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 16, 2010

Hello fellows,
I've finally purchased & installed memoQ. Now, I'm planning to remove everything from the hard disks and install Win 7 in order to get a new start. After that I will install memoQ as main cat-tool and maybe sdl 2009 & across for the clients who don't wanna go without them.
So, the questions are:
1. Does memoQ function on win 7? (compatibleness)
2. Which cat-tool shall I install first? I suppose SDL 2009. Because it causes most headache...
See more
Hello fellows,
I've finally purchased & installed memoQ. Now, I'm planning to remove everything from the hard disks and install Win 7 in order to get a new start. After that I will install memoQ as main cat-tool and maybe sdl 2009 & across for the clients who don't wanna go without them.
So, the questions are:
2. Which cat-tool shall I install first? I suppose SDL 2009. Because it causes most headache
3. Should I create always a different TM for each language direction at memoQ?
a TM for German ->Turkish
a TM for Turkish -> German
a TM for English -> Turkish, etc.
Is it enough, when I generate a TM for each language pair, not for each direction?

I've imported my TM's as TMX from across into memoQ and played a little bit harder. I've found out that memoQ cannot match the sentences, which already exist in the TM by a specific language direction, but on the other hand memoQ finds everything at the right language direction. I suppose, it's because I have only one TM for all directions at memoQ .
Or I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance
Rasim
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:42
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My two cents Dec 16, 2010

Rasim Dağdelen wrote:

From the activation and installation guide: "System requirements / Operating system Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7"
Rasim Dağdelen wrote:
3. Should I create always a different TM for each language direction at memoQ?
a TM for German ->Turkish
a TM for Turkish -> German
a TM for English -> Turkish, etc.
Is it enough, when I generate a TM for each language pair, not for each direction?

I think that from version 4.5 the memories can be used in both directions. All it takes, as far as I am aware, is that you check the "Allow reverse lookup" at the moment of creating the memory.
Rasim Dağdelen wrote:
I've imported my TM's as TMX from across into memoQ and played a little bit harder. I've found out that memoQ cannot match the sentences, which already exist in the TM by a specific language direction, but on the other hand memoQ finds everything at the right language direction. I suppose, it's because I have only one TM for all directions at memoQ .
Or I do something wrong?

Have you tried with the "Allow reverse lookup" checkbox enabled? I think you can only use this option at memory creation time.

Dagdelen
Dagdelen  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:42
Member (2010)
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Allow reverse lookup Dec 16, 2010

Tomas, thank you for the hints!
To 1) I will try win 7 & memoQ next days, let's see what happens. Handbook has 547 pages, I cannot read all:)
To 3) TM for both directions: Well, I've deleted all TM's and created a new one with checkbox enabled "Allow reverse lookup". After that, I've imported my old TM into that TM of memoQ once more, which I've signed up as main TM. It looks much better now, memo finds much more. If it is not so successful, it maybe because of me & my old st
... See more
Tomas, thank you for the hints!
To 1) I will try win 7 & memoQ next days, let's see what happens. Handbook has 547 pages, I cannot read all:)
To 3) TM for both directions: Well, I've deleted all TM's and created a new one with checkbox enabled "Allow reverse lookup". After that, I've imported my old TM into that TM of memoQ once more, which I've signed up as main TM. It looks much better now, memo finds much more. If it is not so successful, it maybe because of me & my old stuff, lot of non usable tags and not perfectly separated segments. I think, I must go over my old TM and reorganize it.
I have to find the way to readjust memoQ better & finer.
To 2) Which cat-tool is first to install?
No idea!

Cheers
Rasim
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ & Win 7 / TM's

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »