Importing Transit 3.0 Dictionary into MemoQ
Thread poster: Victor Carton
Victor Carton
Local time: 13:45
Dutch to English
Jan 5, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I recently purchased MemoQ. The problem is that MemoQ only accepts dictionaries that end in a CSV- or XLS-format. Converting to either of these formats is possible only if my Transit 3.0 dictionary is converted by means of a more recent version of Transit. I am hoping to be contacted by anyone who knows more on this issue. Or is another solution possible as well?

I also want to import my body of translated sentences/documents into MemoQ.

I hope to hear from you soon

Victor Carton
e-mail: info@vtbsynthese.nl

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What exports does Transit 3.0 make? Jan 5, 2011

Can you tell us what kind of exports/file types does Transit 3.0 produce? Maybe there is some intermediate step to make the transition possible.

As for the "body of translated sentences/documents", do you mean a translation memory in Transit 3.0, or just materials you have? Are these files any kind of bilingual files or are source and translation in separate sets of files?

Victor Carton
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Transit 3.0 dictionary export file type Jan 6, 2011

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Can you tell us what kind of exports/file types does Transit 3.0 produce? Maybe there is some intermediate step to make the transition possible.

As for the "body of translated sentences/documents", do you mean a translation memory in Transit 3.0, or just materials you have? Are these files any kind of bilingual files or are source and translation in separate sets of files?

Dear Tomás,

Transit 3.0 allows for 1 type of export format only: martif

As for the "body of translated sentences/documents, I mean all the files I have ever translated.

This problem is so difficult that only users of Transit are able to solve it.

Regards,

Victor Carton

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Transit 3.0 Dictionary into MemoQ

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search