Is it possible to import a Trados TM in txt format?
Thread poster: dekken

dekken  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2011

I have been sent a Trados memory in .txt to import into MemoQ

I'm not sure which fields to select as the source and target texts. Has anyone had any experience in importing Trados txt memories, or would it be better to ask the client to send the tmx file?

I'm a bit of a novice with MemoQ, so any help would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPzit
English to Italian
Nope. Convert file via Trados or a 3rd party tool Feb 24, 2011

Hi, you can't import txt Trados TMs into MemoQ - only tmx TMs or csv (i.e. tabular/delimited) created with other tools.

If you don't have Trados, you should be able to convert your txt files with other tools. The one I know of is ApSIC Xbench - just google it - it used to be free, I guess it still is.
Just load your file in ApSIC Xbench, then select Tools > Export Items > Tab-delimited Text. That should do the trick!

Best,
Stefano

dekken  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stefano Feb 26, 2011

for your help.

I guessed as much. I finally got the client to send me the tmx TM, but I'll certainly check out the tool you mentioned.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to import a Trados TM in txt format?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search