Problem opening recently created project...
Thread poster: Alex Lane

Alex Lane  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:07
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2011

I installed memoQ 4.5.69, bought during the recent group buy, and am putting it through its paces.

In attempting to open a project that was created two days ago (and last accessed yesterday), I get a dialog box that informs me the project was created with an older version of memoQ that is no longer supported.

While my Yahoo! membership in the memoQ group is being vetted, can anyone tell me how I might recover my work?

Cordially,
Alex Lane

[Edited at 2011-03-30 21:55 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:07
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Must be a very old one! Mar 30, 2011

Is it a project you created with a very old memoQ? To me it sounds like you created it with memoQ 3.5/3.6, which is not compatible with memoQ 4.0 and later.

In that case, your best bet is to install a demo version of memoQ in the version you had before, export the memory, and import it from your new memoQ, translating your document with the memory once again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening recently created project...

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search