Problem opening recently created project...
Thread poster: Alex Lane

Alex Lane  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:13
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2011

I installed memoQ 4.5.69, bought during the recent group buy, and am putting it through its paces.

In attempting to open a project that was created two days ago (and last accessed yesterday), I get a dialog box that informs me the project was created with an older version of memoQ that is no longer supported.

While my Yahoo! membership in the memoQ group is being vetted, can anyone tell me how I might recover my work?

Cordially,
Alex Lane

[Edited at 2011-03-30 21:55 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:13
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Must be a very old one! Mar 30, 2011

Is it a project you created with a very old memoQ? To me it sounds like you created it with memoQ 3.5/3.6, which is not compatible with memoQ 4.0 and later.

In that case, your best bet is to install a demo version of memoQ in the version you had before, export the memory, and import it from your new memoQ, translating your document with the memory once again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening recently created project...

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search