Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:30
Member (2006)
Swedish to German
+ ...
Oct 6, 2011

[MemoQ 5.0 with Windows 7]

As I, generally, prefer using the keyboard instead of the mouse, I normally use shortcuts such as ctrl+i/u/b in order to formate text passages.

The ctrl+i/u shortcuts for italic and underlined text work fine while ctrl+b for bold text does not work at all. Has anyone experienced the same problem and knows a solution to it? Or is just anything wrong with my own computer?

Thanks in advance
Matthias

Direct link Reply with quote

Juancar
English to Spanish
Ctrl+B Shortcut does not work Oct 6, 2011

Hi Matthias,

Have you recently installed or set up a program? If it's the case, it might have a key combination that interferes with the MemoQ Ctrl+B shortcut.
I remember I used F2 to rename in Windows Explorer and it stopped working when I "told" my Babylon dictionary to use F2 to activate or something.

I hope it's as simple as this. I can't imagine what else it can be.

Good luck

JC

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:30
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
No problem in 5.0.22 Oct 6, 2011

It works fine here

Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:30
Member (2006)
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 6, 2011

Juan Carlos Sánchez López wrote:

Have you recently installed or set up a program? If it's the case, it might have a key combination that interferes with the MemoQ Ctrl+B shortcut.

Neither-nor. But it is just this that was the problem. I had another program open which interfered with MemoQ. Fortunately, it is a dictionary software for English, French and Spanish which are not my working languages, so I do not use the software very often.

So thanks a lot and kind regards!
Matthias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ctrl+B Shortcut does not work

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search