is there a quick way to copy a number in the source seg to target?
Thread poster: Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 23:25
English to Chinese
Nov 15, 2011

Hi! I am back with one more newbie question: is there a quick way (like a hotkey combo) to insert the number(s) in the source segment to the target segment? I just noticed that a number is highlighted in green in the source segment and wonder if that indicates a quick way to reproduce it on the target side is available.

Thank you for answering my question:)

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes! Nov 15, 2011

If the number is highlighted in green, it means that memoQ identified it as an auto-translatable item. You should see the number in the Translation results pane. If you do, simply press Ctrl + the number of the item in the Translation results pane. It gets inserted the same as a termbase entry.

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Now I see it!! Nov 15, 2011

Thanks, Tomas, for pointing me to look at the right place.
But how do you insert a term in #11 in the results window? That's where the number is, and when I typed 11, I got duplicate entries from #1:) My temporary solution was removing a large but not very useful termbase from my project to make the number hit go up on the list.

Chun-yi

Ulrika Mansson
Ulrika Mansson
Local time: 08:25
German to Swedish
+ ...
try ctrl + shift Nov 17, 2011

... and 1 for 11, 2 for 12 and so on. I think that might do it.
Ulrika

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Ulrika, for the tip! Nov 18, 2011

Hi Ulrika,

I just tried Ctrl+Shift+1 and it successfully brought what was in #11 to the target segment. Thank you so much for your tip!

Chun-yi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is there a quick way to copy a number in the source seg to target?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »