https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/213337-tag_errors_when_manually_importing_sdlppx_files.html

Tag errors when manually importing SDLPPX files
Thread poster: Dusan Rabrenovic
Dusan Rabrenovic
Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 03:41
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

I have received a project and the client wanted me to work in SDL Studio 2009. I bought memoQ earlier this year with the main aim of handling all the files that my trusty 2007 FL can not, so I decided to give it a go and went the hamfisted route. I renamed the .sdlppx package to .zip and manually copied the eight rtf.ttx.sdlxliff files (four in each folder) that were in the EN and SL directories; upon adding them to the project, the four EN versions appeared as having 0 segments, and the other f... See more
I have received a project and the client wanted me to work in SDL Studio 2009. I bought memoQ earlier this year with the main aim of handling all the files that my trusty 2007 FL can not, so I decided to give it a go and went the hamfisted route. I renamed the .sdlppx package to .zip and manually copied the eight rtf.ttx.sdlxliff files (four in each folder) that were in the EN and SL directories; upon adding them to the project, the four EN versions appeared as having 0 segments, and the other four identical files in the SL folder seemed to import properly in my newly created project.

As of yet memoQ doesn't report any tag or other errors, but I get these weird X tags everywhere in the text (I opened the Edit Inline Tag tool to show the contents of one of these tags):

The sdlppx "zip" also contained an sdlproj file and a folder called "File Types" with a list of files carrying the extension .sdlfiletype. Is there a way of ensuring that the finished files will work properly, and would I have to change anything in the settings? I tried handing the files to a colleague for presegmentation, but the files require version 3.1.0.0 and that's the end of that route. I have one day left to figure something out and I'd love to finish this in memoQ if at all possible.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:41
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Normal behaviour Dec 2, 2011

I regularly translate SDLXLIFF files in memoQ and simply work around the "x" tags. I reckon that you can use memoQ's Show Short/Medium/Filtered tags button in the toolbar to view the tags in different ways and choose the one that is clearer for you.

One caveat about these tags: memoQ does not always add them automatically when you reuse segments containing a similar sequence of tags as Trados TagEditor used to do. This is something we memoQ users have been demanding for a long time,
... See more
I regularly translate SDLXLIFF files in memoQ and simply work around the "x" tags. I reckon that you can use memoQ's Show Short/Medium/Filtered tags button in the toolbar to view the tags in different ways and choose the one that is clearer for you.

One caveat about these tags: memoQ does not always add them automatically when you reuse segments containing a similar sequence of tags as Trados TagEditor used to do. This is something we memoQ users have been demanding for a long time, but for some reason Kilgray does not implement it.

Always make sure you have all the tags and in the right order! In segments with many tags, it is always best to copy/paste the part of the segments that contains the tags, or even to copy the source segment and work around the tags.

And I thank you for the hint about the project files: it did not occur to me that they were ZIP files! Now I don't even need to run SDL Studio to open the packages! Great! Thanks a million.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag errors when manually importing SDLPPX files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »