How to compare a translation against an updated TM
Thread poster: Arkadi Burkov

Arkadi Burkov  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 06:51
English to Russian
Dec 6, 2011

Hi there

I have a translation and an updated TM. What would be the best (most convenient) approach to seeing all the changes in the text without updating it?
I use MemoQ 5.0.55

Thanks in advance.

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:51
English to French
+ ...
quick & dirty Dec 6, 2011

Re-translate the source text with the new TM, save the file in Word format, then in Word do a compare of the original translation against the new one.

Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure this will work with ttx files. Dec 6, 2011

Thanks, JL01. But I am not sure this will work with ttx files. Moreover, I'd like to know if I can run comparisons inside MemoQ.

Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:51
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
related links Dec 9, 2011

Hi Arkadi,

have a look at this webinar, as I think that it describes what you're looking for (after about 35 minutes).

http://kilgray.com/webinars/advanced-memoq-50-webinar-english-010532

Check out this recent discussion in the MemoQ yahoo group as well, where a freeware called ChangeTracker is mentioned which might interest you:<
... See more
Hi Arkadi,

have a look at this webinar, as I think that it describes what you're looking for (after about 35 minutes).

http://kilgray.com/webinars/advanced-memoq-50-webinar-english-010532

Check out this recent discussion in the MemoQ yahoo group as well, where a freeware called ChangeTracker is mentioned which might interest you:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/message/23563

/Johan
Collapse

Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 10, 2011

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the links!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to compare a translation against an updated TM

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search