Workaround multiple "Target identical to source" warnings?
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 01:39
Swedish to English
Feb 3, 2012

Hi,

I sometimes translate technical documentation with tables containing names of data scripts etc. The names are not translated, just copied from source to target language (Ctrl+Shift+S). Whenever I do this I get a "Target identical to source" warning and have to click "Yes" to confirm the segment. This is of course a useful warning in most cases but it does get a bit tedious when I have to do it 50 times in a row.

Is there a way around this? For example, is it possibl
... See more
Hi,

I sometimes translate technical documentation with tables containing names of data scripts etc. The names are not translated, just copied from source to target language (Ctrl+Shift+S). Whenever I do this I get a "Target identical to source" warning and have to click "Yes" to confirm the segment. This is of course a useful warning in most cases but it does get a bit tedious when I have to do it 50 times in a row.

Is there a way around this? For example, is it possible to set up an "alternative confirm" hot key configuration, say Ctrl+Shift+Return, to confirm segments with identical source and target texts?

I'm running memoQ Translator Pro 4.5.78.
Collapse

Translation-Pro
Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Edit the QA settings Feb 3, 2012

Hi,

You could edit the QA settings. Click on Resource Console (Tools menu), then on QA settings. Clone the default settings and edit the cloned version. You'll find "Warn if target segment equals source segment" on the Segments and Terms tab.

To select the QA settings for your project, click on View/Translation Documents/Settings/QA settings.

Hope this helps!

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:39
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Tools - Options - Miscellaneous Feb 3, 2012

Go to Tools - Options - Miscellaneous and untick 'Warn when confirming segments with identical source and target'.

Hope this helps,
Gail

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both! Feb 8, 2012

Problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workaround multiple "Target identical to source" warnings?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »