Recognizing plurals in TBs
Thread poster: Juancar

Juancar
English to Spanish
Feb 23, 2012

Hi all!

Does anyone know how to enter terms in a TB so that they are recognized when they appear in plural for instance?
For example, I have "prise de mouvement" in my TB, but now I have a text with "prises de mouvement". Shouldn't the term be proposed on the Translation Results panel anyway?
Isn't there sort of a 'fuzzy recognition' function?

And what if I have "boîte de transfert" and the term appears in my text as "boite de transfert", without "^"?

Do you have the same problem as well?

Thanks a lot

JC

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple! Feb 23, 2012

(I cannot help with the problem with the special characters. It is best if you contact Kilgray's support for that.)

About plurals, it is simple: you can add an asterisk in the place where the plural can exist. Examples for Spanish:

"rubber band" - "goma elástica" (will only work for the singular forms)

"rubber band*" - "goma* elástica*" (will work for both "rubber band" / "rubber bands" and "goma elástica" / "gomas elásticas" respectively).

I hope this helps!

FarkasAndras
Local time: 11:28
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No fuzzy matching Feb 24, 2012

Juancar wrote:

For example, I have "prise de mouvement" in my TB, but now I have a text with "prises de mouvement". Shouldn't the term be proposed on the Translation Results panel anyway?
Isn't there sort of a 'fuzzy recognition' function?

MemoQ doesn't have fuzzy matching for termbases, which is a pretty painful omission if you ask me. Maybe it will be added eventually.

Juancar
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful Feb 24, 2012

If I had a translation company I would hire you Tomásicon_smile.gif

I had no clue you can use this sort of "regular expressions". That actually solves the "^" problem as well. I just have to add it as "bo*te de transfert".

Thanks a million
Kilgray should hire you as a MQ consultant
icon_smile.gif

JC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recognizing plurals in TBs

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search