Thread poster: Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Local time: 05:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2012

Hi all!

Does anyone know how to enter terms in a TB so that they are recognized when they appear in plural for instance?
For example, I have "prise de mouvement" in my TB, but now I have a text with "prises de mouvement". Shouldn't the term be proposed on the Translation Results panel anyway?
Isn't there sort of a 'fuzzy recognition' function?

And what if I have "boîte de transfert" and the term appears in my text as "boite de transfert", without "^"?
... See more
Hi all!

Does anyone know how to enter terms in a TB so that they are recognized when they appear in plural for instance?
For example, I have "prise de mouvement" in my TB, but now I have a text with "prises de mouvement". Shouldn't the term be proposed on the Translation Results panel anyway?

And what if I have "boîte de transfert" and the term appears in my text as "boite de transfert", without "^"?

Do you have the same problem as well?

Thanks a lot

JC
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple! Feb 23, 2012

(I cannot help with the problem with the special characters. It is best if you contact Kilgray's support for that.)

About plurals, it is simple: you can add an asterisk in the place where the plural can exist. Examples for Spanish:

"rubber band" - "goma elástica" (will only work for the singular forms)

"rubber band*" - "goma* elástica*" (will work for both "rubber band" / "rubber bands" and "goma elástica" / "gomas elásticas" respectively).

... See more
(I cannot help with the problem with the special characters. It is best if you contact Kilgray's support for that.)

About plurals, it is simple: you can add an asterisk in the place where the plural can exist. Examples for Spanish:

"rubber band" - "goma elástica" (will only work for the singular forms)

"rubber band*" - "goma* elástica*" (will work for both "rubber band" / "rubber bands" and "goma elástica" / "gomas elásticas" respectively).

I hope this helps!
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No fuzzy matching Feb 24, 2012

Juancar wrote:

MemoQ doesn't have fuzzy matching for termbases, which is a pretty painful omission if you ask me. Maybe it will be added eventually.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful Feb 24, 2012

If I had a translation company I would hire you Tomás

I had no clue you can use this sort of "regular expressions". That actually solves the "^" problem as well. I just have to add it as "bo*te de transfert".

Thanks a million
Kilgray should hire you as a MQ consultant

JC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recognizing plurals in TBs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »