Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:18
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2012

Is this by design in MemoQ or has the PM set it this way?

The stats shows repetitions in a file, and while translating I can see the down arrows but when I try to use the filter to show repetitions, I get nothing.

Any clues?

Regards,

Piotr

Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:18
Member (2009)
French to English
Me too Mar 4, 2012

Hi Piotr,

I have this problem too, it's been happening for a few weeks. When I filter by repetitions, all it does is sort them alphabetically. I mentioned it to the PM, and she said she thought it was maybe because she had allocated part of a file to me, and part of a file to another translator. But I'm not convinced... this never used to happen before. I wonder if it's some kind of bug?

Gail

István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
is that maybe the auto-propagation? Mar 8, 2012

Hi Piotr, Gail,

I tried to reproduce it but failed - using memoQ 5.0.60 (both server and client) I can filter for repetitions. Piotr mentions the down arrows, those are auto-propagated segments, and they need to be filtered differently, using Auto-propagated under the Status tab. May that be the problem?

István

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe you're right Mar 8, 2012

István Lengyel wrote:

Hi Piotr, Gail,

I tried to reproduce it but failed - using memoQ 5.0.60 (both server and client) I can filter for repetitions. Piotr mentions the down arrows, those are auto-propagated segments, and they need to be filtered differently, using Auto-propagated under the Status tab. May that be the problem?

István
R

Thanks Istvan,

I'll check next time I have an online project with repetitions.

Regards,

Piotr

Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:18
Member (2009)
French to English
Kilgray are working on it... Mar 8, 2012

I emailed Kilgray support, and this was their reply:

Dear Gail,

Thank you for reporting this. We know about this issue, our developers did this direct while they fixing another bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

szabb
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What? Dec 12, 2017

This bug has not been fixed to this day!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't filter repetitions in an online project

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search