Failed to load news
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 21:03
Swedish to English
Mar 5, 2012

It says "Failed to load news" in the left panel on my Dashboard, and has done so for a couple of weeks. What might be the reason?
Thanks!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happens to me to... Mar 5, 2012

Although I must confess -shame on me- that I still haven't had a quiet moment to install 5.0... I think this could be related to the version.

Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
English to Spanish
+ ...
What about the Machine Translation? Mar 5, 2012

Did the Google translation disappear as welll?

JC

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Late reply Apr 11, 2012

Sorry about this late reply. Thank you both for your comments!
Anyway, I using memoQ 4.5.78 so maybe it is version related. And yes, Machine translation/Google translation does not appear in Options > Category. I've never used the function before so I can't really say when it disappeared but it's not there now. Any suggestions as to the reason for this?

Marisel Villarreal Rios
Marisel Villarreal Rios
United States
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you have any solutions for that? Apr 16, 2015

I am having the exact same problem but with the R2 version. I just got it and have the prject manager version.

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Probably version glitch Apr 17, 2015

Hi!
This was a while back but I seem to recall that it was some sort of bug. It corrected itself once I updated to whatever version that came after 4.5.78 and has been working fine ever since. I am currently using memoQ Translator Pro 6.2.25.

Marisel Villarreal Rios
Marisel Villarreal Rios
United States
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
I will have to look into it Aug 26, 2015

Profdoc wrote:

Hi!
This was a while back but I seem to recall that it was some sort of bug. It corrected itself once I updated to whatever version that came after 4.5.78 and has been working fine ever since. I am currently using memoQ Translator Pro 6.2.25.

I guess I will have to look into it. I currently have the 2014 R2, which my company purchased right before the 2015 version came out andn I have never been able to connect with the Dahsboard. Where does one have that update? Or is it the entire product update that one has to do in order to get that fixed?

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Probably product update Aug 26, 2015

Again, this is a while back, but I think it was a complete version update, possibly 5.0 if that was the next version at the time. Hope everything works out for you!
All the best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to load news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »