Installing both MemoQ 6 and MemoQ 5?
Thread poster: pjg111

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:44
Member (2010)
English to French
Jul 26, 2012

Hi everybody,

As a newbie in MemoQ, this is my first question on this forum.

I'm in the process of evaluating MemoQ 6. However a new customer is asking me to use MemoQ 5 for the files they are going to send me.

My questions are simple:

1/ May I install both versions of MemoQ on the same computer?
2/ May I reuse my custom MemoQ 6 locations (for new TMs, new TBs, new projects, and so on) for MemoQ 5?
3/ Is there any particular issue known for using both versions concurrently?

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers.

PG

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:44
Finnish to French
Answers to your questions Jul 26, 2012

pjg111 wrote:

Yes.
pjg111 wrote:
2/ May I reuse my custom MemoQ 6 locations (for new TMs, new TBs, new projects, and so on) for MemoQ 5?

I don't know. I'm using the default locations chosen by memoQ and it works fine.
pjg111 wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. If you open in memoQ 6 a project created in memoQ 5, a new project will automatically be created for you, with "[V6]" added in front of the project name. You will therefore have two projects: one that can be accessed in v. 5 and one that can ve accessed in v. 6. It's not an issue for me, but maybe it is for someone else.

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:44
Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Installing MemoQ 5 after MemoQ 6 worked as a charm Jul 27, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

pjg111 wrote:

Yes.
pjg111 wrote:

I don't know. I'm using the default locations chosen by memoQ and it works fine.
pjg111 wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. If you open in memoQ 6 a project created in memoQ 5, a new project will automatically be created for you, with "[V6]" added in front of the project name. You will therefore have two projects: one that can be accessed in v. 5 and one that can ve accessed in v. 6. It's not an issue for me, but maybe it is for someone else.

Thanks Dominique, particularly for your answer #3.

Actually I installed MemoQ 5 after having installed MemoQ 6 and all of my custom settings were preserved and active.

Cheers.

PG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing both MemoQ 6 and MemoQ 5?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search