Are ITD files supported in MemoQ?
Thread poster: pjg111

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
Member (2010)
English to French
Jul 26, 2012

Hi everybody,

Are ITD files natively supported in MemoQ? I cannot see it on the list of file types.

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers.

PG


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:18
Finnish to French
Not supported Jul 26, 2012

pjg111 wrote:
Are ITD files natively supported in MemoQ? I cannot see it on the list of file types.

No, they aren't (and most probably never will, since ITD is a dying legacy format). AFAIK, they should be converted to TTX first, after which they can be imported in memoQ.


 

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 15:18
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
not supported because Jul 26, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

No, they aren't (and most probably never will, since ITD is a dying legacy format). AFAIK, they should be converted to TTX first, after which they can be imported in memoQ.


I agree that ITD format will die one day but there are still many agencies using SDLX. Support for ITD files was asked many times in Yahoo MemoQ group. But it is not an easy format like TXML, so Kilgray decided not to support it.

See http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/message/4457

Some years ago I translated thousands of ITD files using Déjà Vu X (1), they were ITD files not ITD.TTX, but I did not test it with DVX2.


 

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Giving up the ITD route using MemoQ Jul 27, 2012

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Dominique Pivard wrote:

No, they aren't (and most probably never will, since ITD is a dying legacy format). AFAIK, they should be converted to TTX first, after which they can be imported in memoQ.


I agree that ITD format will die one day but there are still many agencies using SDLX. Support for ITD files was asked many times in Yahoo MemoQ group. But it is not an easy format like TXML, so Kilgray decided not to support it.

See http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/message/4457

Some years ago I translated thousands of ITD files using Déjà Vu X (1), they were ITD files not ITD.TTX, but I did not test it with DVX2.


Thanks Dominique and Selcuk.

Actually many agencies are using SDLX servers and ask freelancers to work on ITD files. I used to translate them with DejaVu X and am familiar with all the hassles involved in converting them to TTX, then importing into DejaVu X, then exporting them to TTX, and then converting back to ITD. I must tell that conversion from TTX to ITD was not always working fine due to poor interpretation of inline formatting tags. It was a huge waste of time and energy!

The good news is that ITD files are natively supported in Trados Studio 2011.

If Kilgray has decided not to support ITD files, then it's OK for me since I can handle them in Trados Studio 2011 (likely one of the seldom opportunities for me to use it as a CAT tool.)

Cheers.

PG


[Edited at 2012-07-27 02:57 GMT]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are ITD files supported in MemoQ?

Advanced search






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search