How do I populate a new TM from existing translations / translated files?
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 10, 2012

I ran into an issue with a Transit package. MemoQ currently has a bug that doesn't allow it to export a Transit package that I worked on without errors. Certain locked tags were changed, so the client cannot open my exported project with her version of Star Transit.

She now wants me to send her the TMX, but I use a rather large TM with more data in it than I am willing to share with her. How can I make a new TM and populate it with the hundreds of small files that I worked on for this project?

Thanks in advance.

- Marinus

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 19:09
English to Arabic
Confirm and Update Rows Aug 10, 2012

Dear Marinus,

Please go to your "Project Home" and select all the files of the project you need to update your TM with. Open "Operations" menu and click "Confirm and Update Rows". Make sure you select the relevant options.

As you said, you have to create a new TM first and you can then "Export to TMX" at the "Translation Memories" section.

HTH,
Yasmin

P.S.: I can have a look at the source Transit package if you like.

[Edited at 2012-08-10 19:44 GMT]

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trouble with a Transit package in MemoQ Aug 10, 2012

Thanks, Yasmin

MemoQ Support suggested that I use the large TM, filter it by date, then export it and that worked fine as well.

I imported that TMX into Transit (what a hassle!), but it has no effect on the files in the Transit project. It can't find fuzzy matches. I am wondering if by importing the TMX the TM really has become part of the reference material, or is there still a step missing?

Thank you for your offer. The source files are not the problem, I think. MemoQ alters certain locked tags, although it shouldn't, whether on import or export I don't know.

Here is the error my client gets. See the small difference between the German and Dutch version. There is a space before 11 and between 11 and 41 - these are is missing in the Dutch segment.

Photobucket

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I populate a new TM from existing translations / translated files?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search