'Show Preview' window
Thread poster: Juancar

Juancar
English to Spanish
Jan 30, 2013

Dear all,

I have never found anything about this, and I must say I'm surprised.
Am I the only person in this world who doesn't like the automatic scrolling of the Preview window?
I mean, the segment you are translating appears always on top of that window, which obliges you to go there and scroll it back, because I want to see what I just translated before, in order to see the context of the paragraph.

Is there anyone who agrees that this 'scrolling' should be activated/deactivated?

Cheers

JC

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:33
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I completely agree Jan 30, 2013

I do like the automatic scrolling, but on the other hand the current segment should not be at the top of the window. Ideally there should be at least two other segments visible before the current segment, so that you can see the context both before and after your current segment.

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
automatic scrolling in memoQ preview needs a small change Jan 30, 2013

I agree with Tomás, automatic scrolling is good (albeit perhaps with the option of switching it off), but we should be able to see 2-3 segments above the top segment.

I have asked for this before, in the mailing list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/ ) and via memoQ support (http://support.kilgray.com/ ). Perhaps if we all ask again it might get added to the list of soon-to-be-implemented new features...

Michael

Juancar
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Happy... Jan 30, 2013

... to see I'm not the only one.
I think it's a good idea to insist on this via their suggestion form. It must not be the most difficult thing to implement.

Cheers

JC

Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
Member (2008)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Depends on Internet Explorer Jan 31, 2013

Hi,

I asked support about this some time ago, and was told:
"Unfortunately it is not possible to pin the preview pane to the middle. We wanted to do this several times, but as we are using third-party software (Internet Explorer) to display the preview, and this functionality is not there, I'm afraid this won't change."

This was almost two years ago though, so perhaps something has changed since.

/Johan

Juancar
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Pity Jan 31, 2013

Thank you Johan,

That's really a pity. This is something that annoys me a lot!!
Should we insist on this?

JC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Show Preview' window

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search