MemoQ and Wordfast users
Thread poster: Anette Herbert

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2013

I am a MemoQ newbie and have been given a txml file from a client. I should be able to use MemoQ for this file format but when I mentioned that to the client they begged me not to as this causes issues for them in Wordfast.

I am very surprised to hear this as one of the selling points of MemoQ is that it can use this file format. I am not clear how it can cause a problem if I deliver files in the same format as I received them? Will they even notice?

If it causes problems then the advantage of MemoQ is quite diminished isn't it?

Anette

Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:40
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
No problem Mar 13, 2013

There should be no problem when doing txml projects with MemoQ. When given txml files for translation or editing, what I do is complete the project in MemoQ and then, just to be on the safe side, I use a demo version of Wordfast Pro or online Wordfast Anywhere to check and save the file. This ensures that a client will have no issues with the file.

[Edited at 2013-03-13 12:05 GMT]

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent Mar 13, 2013

Thank you so much Andrey, I will do the same!

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ and Wordfast users

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search