Proofreading in memoQ 6.2
Thread poster: nijomo

nijomo
Local time: 00:53
English
Mar 20, 2013

Hi all. Probably a very stupid question, but I am (very) new to memoQ and need some help. I am proofreading a translation which came to me as a .ttx file, which I imported into memoQ 6.2. I confirmed all segments, then started to edit those segments that needed editing. My concern is that when I export back to ttx, the client won't be able to see the changes I have made. Is that the case? Is there something more I need to do other than what I have done already?
Any help gratefully received!
Thanks
Nick

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTX does not have review marks Mar 20, 2013

As far as I am aware, TTX files do not have the possibility to add review marks. Your customer will receive the file with your final text, but no review marks. This is not dependent on memoQ, but on the TTX format itself.

Has the customer asked you to add review marks in the TTX file?

If you want to show in some way what you have changed, you could save a bilingual two-column RTF file from memoQ before the edits, and do the same after your proofreading work. You can then compare both files in Word and you will get a document showing review marks.

[Edited at 2013-03-20 18:53 GMT]

nijomo
English
TOPIC STARTER
No specific instructions for marking Mar 20, 2013

Hi - thank you Tomás. No, the client did not explicitly ask for any markings. I'm just used to working with track changes, so sending back something where they can't see what I have done is a bit alien to me...
I will look into the RTF tip. Thank you for your help!!
Nick

Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Member (2008)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Use an external tool to create a report Mar 21, 2013

Hi,

you could also use e.g. ChangeTracker or Apsic Comparator to compare the ttx files and create a report.
http://www.change-tracker.com/
http://www.apsic.com/en/products_comparator.html

/Johan

nijomo
English
TOPIC STARTER
Change tracker Mar 21, 2013

Excellent tip - thanks!
The client was satisfied with what I'd produced. My late night guess was that if they sent me a .ttx, they wouldn't be expecting tracks, and I was right!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading in memoQ 6.2

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search