Termbase from Trados 2011 to Memoq
Thread poster: Bruno Depascale

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:06
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2013

hi everybody,
I have already searched the forum and I have not found a simple way to convert a Trados termbase to Memoq format.
Is that possible?
Thank you,
bruno


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English
If you have Studio... Apr 9, 2013

... then you can access the Glossary Converter from the OpenExchange. Use this to convert the MultiTerm termbase to Excel, then save this as csv in whatever format you need for memoQ.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:06
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 9, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... then you can access the Glossary Converter from the OpenExchange. Use this to convert the MultiTerm termbase to Excel, then save this as csv in whatever format you need for memoQ.

Regards

Paul


Thank you Paul!
It was pretty easy indeed! As far as I know this is the fastest way to convert TB from Trados to Memoq.
I was also guessing if there is a way to set recognition of terms like in Trados.
For example, I would like to get only 3 letters words terms, not 1- or 2-letter terms...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English
Not possible... Apr 9, 2013

Bruno Depascale wrote:

I was also guessing if there is a way to set recognition of terms like in Trados.
For example, I would like to get only 3 letters words terms, not 1- or 2-letter terms...


... but what do I know about memoQ

I don't think there is a setting for this ... but if there is one it would be interesting to know.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:06
French to Polish
+ ...
Filtering in Excel Apr 10, 2013

[quote]Bruno Depascale wrote:

It was pretty easy indeed! As far as I know this is the fastest way to convert TB from Trados to Memoq.
I was also guessing if there is a way to set recognition of terms like in Trados.

For example, I would like to get only 3 letters words terms, not 1- or 2-letter terms...

Basically, it's impossible.
I.e. memoQ assumes all the entries put in the termbase are useful.
Nontheless, you can filter out the shortest entries in Excel before you import the CSV.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:06
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to handle synonyms with glossary converter? Apr 18, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Bruno Depascale wrote:

I was also guessing if there is a way to set recognition of terms like in Trados.
For example, I would like to get only 3 letters words terms, not 1- or 2-letter terms...


... but what do I know about memoQ

I don't think there is a setting for this ... but if there is one it would be interesting to know.

Regards

Paul


Thank you for your reply.
I was also guessing if there is a way not to export synonyms with Glossary converter.
Now in the excel file I got the synonyms of both languages in one cell, separated by the symbol "|". I have also tried to modify the xml glossary converter file, setting the synonym value to "false", but I still get the synonym in one excel cell after conversion...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English
It is possible... Apr 18, 2013

... take a look in the help, but seems to be limited to retaining the last synonym in a list rather than the one you might prefer...

http://cerebus.de/glossaryconverter/help/Synonyms.html

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase from Trados 2011 to Memoq

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search