Alignment MemoQ
Thread poster: Els Eerdekens

Els Eerdekens
Belgium
French to Dutch
May 27, 2013

Dear all,

Could someone explain me how I can align with MemoQ? Can I compare it with WinAlign from Trados?
I know my translations will be aligned during translating, but I have a source and target text which I would like to align in MemoQ.

Thanks a lot!

Els Eerdekens

Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:17
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
LiveDocs May 27, 2013

Alignment is done in the "LiveDocs" section of the Project home pane.

The instruction is available at http://kilgray.com/memoq/60/help-en/index.html?alignment.html

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:17
German to English
+ ...
Outside view May 27, 2013

Obviously, this is covered in the help section.

However, sometimes help sections get a little bogged-down because people are taking about "their own baby", which they see through their own eyes. For some useful hints on this – and other aspects of memoQ – think about investing in the fresh outside view here: http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/kevin-lossner/memoq-6-in-quick-steps/ebook/product-20503773.html

rmackay
Local time: 19:17
Fire up the LiveDocs panel May 28, 2013

Hi Els

For this I had to set up a project so that the metadata from the project was then attached to the segments that came from the files I was aligning, otherwise there will be no metadata attached to the segments.

Open up LiveDocs and create a new corporra - upload the files you want to align - can be done in pairs or as a bulk upload for more than 1 pair of files.

Once this is done, open the pair up in the livedocs window and start aligning - can take a bit of time to be honest but doing it now may save you finding out that they are not aligned, when you are in a rush to get a job done - so best to maybe get them done when you have the time.

There are a number of short cut keys you can use to align them as well - right clicking shows you what they are.

good luckicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment MemoQ

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search