Alignment MemoQ
Thread poster: Els Eerdekens

Els Eerdekens
French to Dutch
May 27, 2013

Dear all,

Could someone explain me how I can align with MemoQ? Can I compare it with WinAlign from Trados?
I know my translations will be aligned during translating, but I have a source and target text which I would like to align in MemoQ.

Thanks a lot!

Els Eerdekens

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:30
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
LiveDocs May 27, 2013

Alignment is done in the "LiveDocs" section of the Project home pane.

The instruction is available at

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:30
German to English
+ ...
Outside view May 27, 2013

Obviously, this is covered in the help section.

However, sometimes help sections get a little bogged-down because people are taking about "their own baby", which they see through their own eyes. For some useful hints on this – and other aspects of memoQ – think about investing in the fresh outside view here:

Local time: 11:30
Fire up the LiveDocs panel May 28, 2013

Hi Els

For this I had to set up a project so that the metadata from the project was then attached to the segments that came from the files I was aligning, otherwise there will be no metadata attached to the segments.

Open up LiveDocs and create a new corporra - upload the files you want to align - can be done in pairs or as a bulk upload for more than 1 pair of files.

Once this is done, open the pair up in the livedocs window and start aligning - can take a bit of time to be honest but doing it now may save you finding out that they are not aligned, when you are in a rush to get a job done - so best to maybe get them done when you have the time.

There are a number of short cut keys you can use to align them as well - right clicking shows you what they are.

good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment MemoQ

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search