Thread poster: Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:04
English to Russian
+ ...
May 27, 2013

As far as I understand, MemoQ project manager edition is supposed to have version control for documents. I would be grateful if someone could help me figure out exactly how it works.

My document was translated which corresponded to version 2.1. Now it has passed into the review stage, and the current version is 2.3.

My objective is to somehow obtain the translation from version 2.1 (ideally via an exported DOC/RTF file) without actually restoring that version, i.e. with
... See more
As far as I understand, MemoQ project manager edition is supposed to have version control for documents. I would be grateful if someone could help me figure out exactly how it works.

My document was translated which corresponded to version 2.1. Now it has passed into the review stage, and the current version is 2.3.

My objective is to somehow obtain the translation from version 2.1 (ideally via an exported DOC/RTF file) without actually restoring that version, i.e. without overwriting the current version 2.3.

MemoQ Help is very skimp on the matter (as always).

Any help is much appreciated!
Collapse

rmackay
rmackay
Local time: 21:04
Not sure but..... May 28, 2013

Hi Mikhail

OK I think if you go to the Translations panel and highlight the file you need and then select History/Reports, the versioning window will appear.

If you highlight both your V2.3 and your V2.2 file, then select View differences using track changes link at the bottom right hand side, both versions should open.

If you click on V2.2 you can then export active document?

Does that allow you to export it without making any alterations to t
... See more
Hi Mikhail

OK I think if you go to the Translations panel and highlight the file you need and then select History/Reports, the versioning window will appear.

If you highlight both your V2.3 and your V2.2 file, then select View differences using track changes link at the bottom right hand side, both versions should open.

If you click on V2.2 you can then export active document?

Does that allow you to export it without making any alterations to the newer version?

Hope this helps
Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:04
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A solution May 28, 2013

Hi rmackay,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried doing that but got an error.

MemoQ Support suggested the following solution:

1. Restore the older minor version.
2. Export the translation.
3. Restore the version that was current before step 1.

I also inserted step 0, Create snapshot of the current version, so as not to get confused later at step 3. So the procedure looks as follows:

0. Create a snapshot of the current ve
... See more
Hi rmackay,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried doing that but got an error.

MemoQ Support suggested the following solution:

3. Restore the version that was current before step 1.

I also inserted step 0, Create snapshot of the current version, so as not to get confused later at step 3. So the procedure looks as follows:

0. Create a snapshot of the current version.
3. Restore the snapshot.

This seems to have worked.
Collapse

rmackay
rmackay
Local time: 21:04
Excellent - had forgotten about the snapshot tool :) May 28, 2013

Glad it has been resolved for you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export an older document version without restoring it

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »