mpazolivares
Mexico
Local time: 12:18
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 28, 2013

Please help.
I always worked with memoQ with a Domain sent by the client, now I have a client that sent me a mqxlz FILE and told me to import it and then work on memoQ and then save the file as a word doc. Please advice me, I tried everything already but couldn´t open the file or create a new project without a domain.
Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
MQXLZ is just the standard memoQ file format May 28, 2013

This is the standard memoQ file format. You just create a project and then follow the steps in the project creation wizard. When the wizard instructs you to upload the document for translation, just specify the MQXLZ file and go from there.

What exactly were you having difficulty with?

mpazolivares
Mexico
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sarah thanks May 28, 2013

My problem seems to be to create a project. I try but I don´t know what to write in domain, so I can´t go further.... If I try to create a local project, memoQ asks me for a mqout file which I don´t have. Probably I am doing something wrong! Please advice in how to open a mqxlz file.
Thanks a lot!!!

Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Creating a project is easy May 28, 2013

It's easy to create a project.

Step 1: Make up a name for the project (it can be anything but it should be something that you will easily recognize as belonging to that project)

Step 2: You must specify the source and target languages (this step is mandatory). Also, I noticed that the languages that you specify in this step must be the same as the languages that the person who created the MQXLZ file used. (For example, one time I tried to list the languages as Russian, English (US) and importing the MQXLZ file was not possible because the person who created it used Russian, English (UK) so I had to change my settings in order to match those of the MQXLZ file).

Step 3: Fill out optional project information about client, project, domain and subject. (you can also leave these empty).

Step 4: Click "Next".

Step 5: Add your translation documents. You should select "Import" and navigate to your MQXLZ file that you should have saved some place on your computer. Click on it, then select "Open". The file is now being imported. For this file type there is only one possible filter, the memoQ XLIFF filter which is automatically selected for MQXLZ files. So it's really easy and you can't possibly go wrong here. Select "OK" to finish importing the file.

Step 6: Add translation memories to the project. Use existing ones or create a new one.

Step 7: Add terminology bases to the project. Again, you can either use existing ones or create a new one.

Step 8: Select "Finish"

The process is now complete and you can start translating!

Hope this helps.

mpazolivares
Mexico
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKSSSS May 28, 2013

Sarah thank you so much for your answer.
The problem was exactly that! That the language was not the same so I was unable to create the project.
Thanks a lot for your response.

Steven Segaert  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 20:18
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Youtube May 28, 2013

I also came across this little movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2r4Mhl4Ak

As far as I know, you don't need to specify sub-languages. Just picking "English" should (afaik) also work.

xxx2nl  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:18
Great help! May 18, 2015

Sarah McDowell wrote:

Step 1: Make up a name for the project (it can be anything but it should be something that you will easily recognize as belonging to that project)

Step 2: You must specify the source and target languages (this step is mandatory). Also, I noticed that the languages that you specify in this step must be the same as the languages that the person who created the MQXLZ file used. (For example, one time I tried to list the languages as Russian, English (US) and importing the MQXLZ file was not possible because the person who created it used Russian, English (UK) so I had to change my settings in order to match those of the MQXLZ file).

Thank you, Sarah!

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ: How do you open a MQXLZ file?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search