mossadrai  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:49
Member (2012)
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 27, 2013

Hey guys!

I've been working on a file and during the process I was sent a new version of the file with changes well beyond the point I was.

Therefore, I reimported the document with changes in MemoQ and asked it to PreTranslate it to me, with TM-driven segmentation, however it seems this is not working.

When I was translating the file I have split many segments manually (CTRL+T), becase they were too long. Now that I reimported the file, even though I ask MemoQ to split segments to better match results, it seems it does not recognize the divisions I made, and therefore, no TM results are given (even though they would be 101% with right segmentation).

Anyone knows how can I solve that?

Direct link Reply with quote

Carl Carter
Germany
Local time: 17:49
German to English
Use the X-translate feature Jun 27, 2013

Hi Diego,

This seems to be a classic case where you can use memoQ's X-translate feature as that was designed with documents in mind that get revised by the customer while you are still working on the old version. It's a document-specific form of pre-translation.

Try it out and see what results you get.

To find out more about it, read up on the feature in the help documentation (press F1 while you're in memoQ).

Regards

Carl

Brazil
Member (2012)
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Xtranslate results Jun 27, 2013

Hello, Carl!

Thanks for your answer.

I tried the method you mentioned and, indeed, it translated the document very well (based on a previous major version, number 3.0), except for one problem: all the target terms were inserted without capital letters, and with loss of italics (something that had not happened when using pre-translate).

Best Regards and thanks in advance

Carl Carter
Germany
Local time: 17:49
German to English
Was the missing formatting already in your last major version? Jun 27, 2013

Hi Diego,

Glad to hear X-translate worked so well. As far as I'm aware, it simply inserts what you translated in an earlier version, so if words were capitalised and italicised in that, then it ought to have copied the formatting as well as the words (I presume, at least). If the results really are different from your original version, I think you should contact Kilgray's Support team and see what they say.

Regards

Carl

Brazil
Member (2012)
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ticket opening Jun 27, 2013

Thank you very much, Carl! I think I will do just that, open a Ticket with Kilgray.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Driven Segmentation

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search