Cannot work on the translation grid on an online project
Thread poster: Luciano Di Lorenzo

Luciano Di Lorenzo
Argentina
Local time: 03:24
English to Spanish
Jun 28, 2013

Hi, everyone

I'm working on an online project on memoQ 6, but I can't manipulate the documents at all.

I open the document which i wish to work on, but whenever I want to start typing my translation on any segment nothing happens. I figure it is not a keyboard issue because I tried creating another project and it worked perfectly.

I assume it has something to do with the document status: the icon on the translation pane is white sheet of paper on the back and a red one on the front, and to the left of it there's a letter "D" icon which I don't know what it stands for.

Can someone tell if this has anything to do with this issue? And if so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What role do you have in the job? Jun 28, 2013

What role do you have in the job? I.e. are you translator, reviewer 1 or reviewer 2? If translator, is it possible that the document has been proofread already and you can't work on the segments?

I would ask the customer about whether they are sure that the job was prepared correctly.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot work on the translation grid on an online project

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search