Thread poster: Luciano Di Lorenzo
Luciano Di Lorenzo
Luciano Di Lorenzo
Argentina
Local time: 20:41
English to Spanish
Jun 28, 2013

Hi, everyone

I'm working on an online project on memoQ 6, but I can't manipulate the documents at all.

I open the document which i wish to work on, but whenever I want to start typing my translation on any segment nothing happens. I figure it is not a keyboard issue because I tried creating another project and it worked perfectly.

I assume it has something to do with the document status: the icon on the translation pane is white sheet of paper on the back a
... See more
Hi, everyone

I'm working on an online project on memoQ 6, but I can't manipulate the documents at all.

I open the document which i wish to work on, but whenever I want to start typing my translation on any segment nothing happens. I figure it is not a keyboard issue because I tried creating another project and it worked perfectly.

I assume it has something to do with the document status: the icon on the translation pane is white sheet of paper on the back and a red one on the front, and to the left of it there's a letter "D" icon which I don't know what it stands for.

Can someone tell if this has anything to do with this issue? And if so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:41
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What role do you have in the job? Jun 28, 2013

What role do you have in the job? I.e. are you translator, reviewer 1 or reviewer 2? If translator, is it possible that the document has been proofread already and you can't work on the segments?

I would ask the customer about whether they are sure that the job was prepared correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot work on the translation grid on an online project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »