Thread poster: Marc Cordes

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:22
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2013

Good afternoon!

I am using MemoQ 2013 and was wondering if it is possible to track changes (and make them visible) in TTX files. I recently delivered 3 TTX files which were reviewed in the same format and then sent back to me. I searched for this option on the internal MemoQ help section as well as in the knowledgebase on Kilgray. I was only able to find the procedure for bilingual RTF exports though. Is it possible at all and if so how?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reimporting? Jul 15, 2013

I think you should be able to see the changes in memoQ (via the Translation - Toggle Track Changes function) if you import the TTX files as they were before review, and then use the Reimport document option in the project management, so that your TTX files were version 2.0 and not 1.x as they were after translation.

Once you have reimported, the Toggle Track Changes option should be enabled so that you can use it.

I hope this helps somehow!

Poland
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Jul 15, 2013

Hi Tomás,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I did a reimport of the edited TTX file and chose the option "...against last delivered version" (http://screencast.com/t/MyCK80mcp ) and get the error that there is no minor version available even though the delivered version was 1.5 and the reimported one is 2.0 obviously (http://screencast.com/t/wlTUJ42H ).

I created a snapshot of the existing TTX import before reimporting the edited one and this is what I can see in the history/reports option: http://screencast.com/t/YgQUzrXZD

Any help is much appreciated since this is the first time I am attempting to make track changes visible.

Cheers!

Poland
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Jul 15, 2013

Thanks again for your help, Tomas!

I wasn't aware that I have to CTRL-click the last snapshot AND the reimport entry in the history/reports option to make the comparison! Once I did that the TTX opened again and I was able to see the underlined changes.

I am a happy campericon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Marc

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Jul 15, 2013

Always glad to help! Yes, indeed you have to choose what version you want things compared with.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes in TTX files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search