LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:56
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2013

I'm running MemoQ 6.0.
What is the best way to make a quick backup of the MemoQ document I'm currently working on (in a a worst case scenario, if my computer crashes and I want to continue working after reinstalling it)?

Should I copy the document file? The project file (some of my project files are huge!)? Is there more than one file that needs to be copied to a safe location in order to resurrect the translation?

It occurs to me that that the fastest way might simply be to just do a quick export of the TM, so that I can simply retranslate if needed. I should be backing up the TM anyway, right?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:56
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
If files from a project, a memoQ XLIFF file Aug 2, 2013

You would be on the safe side by doing an export in the form of a memoQ XLIFF file, which contains the preview and all you need in order to obtain the final file once you finish translating. Importing this bilingual would be more efficient than re-importing your original document, translating it with the memory, etc.

Steven Segaert  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 09:56
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
plus languageterminal Aug 3, 2013

What Tomás said.

Plus, when I close up in the evening, I close the project and back it up to languageterminal.com from within the software (and add the percentage as a note).

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:56
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 3, 2013

Thanks Tomas and Steven.
That was exactly the information I needed.
I haven't investigated the Language Terminal functionality, but now I am curious and will look into it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best way to back up a MemoQ file in progress

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search