France
Local time: 08:15
Member (2010)
English to French
SITE LOCALIZER
Aug 10, 2013

Hi,

I am going to switch to MemoQ 2013.

Is there any difficulty for the install? I hope my previous files won't be lost.

I wonder whether there is an user manual for this version?

Thanks

Madeleine

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
No problem at all Aug 10, 2013

I just downloaded it and clicked to install. When it opened, all my previous files were where they should be, so it was completely painless. I did experience a minor bug, but I'm sure the next patch will fix it. It can be installed separately (I put in in a separate folder from memoQ 6.2), so you can run either the earlier or the new version if you like.

On edit: I imagine there is a manual on the Kilgray site to download, or at least a file that explains the changes. The company is
... See more
I just downloaded it and clicked to install. When it opened, all my previous files were where they should be, so it was completely painless. I did experience a minor bug, but I'm sure the next patch will fix it. It can be installed separately (I put in in a separate folder from memoQ 6.2), so you can run either the earlier or the new version if you like.

On edit: I imagine there is a manual on the Kilgray site to download, or at least a file that explains the changes. The company is very thorough. MemoQ is great and the customer service top-notch, so I'm very happy with my acquisition of this CAT tool.

[Edited at 2013-08-10 09:05 GMT]
Collapse

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:15
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Third-party input Aug 10, 2013

Kevin Lossner wrote an an incredibly useful book about Version 6 and – AFAIK – plans updating this to cover version 2013.

In the meantime, keep an eye on his blog http://www.translationtribulations.com for useful articles and videos about how to do all sorts of things in MQ including how to to work together with other CAT tools.

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Whoops: the fuller story Aug 10, 2013

... keep an eye on his blog http://www.translationtribulations.com for useful articles and videos about how to do all sorts of things in MQ including how to to work together with other CAT tools.

I should have said, browse through previous months (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRRuN1N8ySuZimi5L_dosjA ) and subscribe to his YouTube channel...

Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks a lot Aug 10, 2013

for sure I am really happy with this product

and thanks a lot for your good advice!

Have a nice week-end

Madeleine

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
Lost files? Plenty of documentation available Aug 10, 2013

Madeleine Chevassus wrote:

... I hope my previous files won't be lost.

I wonder whether there is an user manual for this version? ...

All the manuals available for all versions of memoQ can be downloaded from the Kilgray site. There is also an updated Help file and a knowledgebase (http://kb.kilgray.com/), though you have to be careful with the knowledgebase - a lot of the information I see there is not accurate or doesn't tell the whole story right now. However, there is a significant effort to improve it, and recent material I have seen added is usually very good.

What "files" are you thinking might be lost? If you are talking about various translation resources, look on my blog (which Chris referenced) or in the Kilgray knowledgebase, where you will find information on default locations. If you mean translation work from other environments, well that depends on what you do with it.

The material on the YouTube covers a range of topics, from very simple stuff like how to set the user interface language or export TMX to longer, integrated workflows like reviewing translations done without CAT tools. I welcome feedback and suggestions for new topics in the discussion forum of YouTube or on the blog.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ2013 - Install / Manual

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »