"Placeables" in memoQ
Thread poster: John Fossey

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:19
Member (2008)
French to English
Aug 19, 2013

I am trying out memoQ and attempting to set up what would be called a "placeable" rule in WF. There are evidently "auto-translation" rules for numbers, with regexes that identify the numbers and replace commas with decimal points, etc. The numbers in the source text are bracketed with a blue underscore and pressing Ctrl brings up the list of source strings that match the search expressions.

So I have set up an auto-translate rule regex, /\b([A-Z][a-z]+)\b/, which correctly identifies proper nouns that start with a capital. But I can't find out how to have the proper noun strings in the source text that should be identified by the regex included with the underscored list. I have checked "Recognize terms, auto-translateables and non-translateables" in the AutoPick tab as well as "Always show AutoPick markers in the source text", but no luck.

Can someone shed some light on how to do this?

[Edited at 2013-08-19 19:47 GMT]

Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:19
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Works in 6.5.11 Aug 20, 2013

If it's any help, it works for me in 6.5.11 (the terms are both highlighted in green and underlined in blue -- available both in the resulats pane and in the AutoPick list). Double-check everything.

BTW, this regex is better:

(?<=[^<])\b(\p{Lt}|\p{Lu})\p{Ll}+\b

as it excludes the first word in a segment and includes upper-case national characters, that is words like Świnoujście or Ærøskøbing (city names).

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:19
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still doesn't work Nov 15, 2013

In the meanwhile, I have purchased memoQ 2013 and still haven't found how to make this work. Googling the problem just brought me back to my own question here. Can anyone help?

I have set the Auto-Translation rule as suggested, checked "Recognize terms, auto-translatables and non-translatables" in the AutoPick tab, Enabled AutoPick amd "Always show AutoPick markers in the source text", but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Placeables" in memoQ

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search