docx files and format
Thread poster: Juancar

Juancar
English to Spanish
Sep 5, 2013

Dear all,

This issue must have been already mentioned for sure, but it's not always easy to find posts by key words. I'm sorry if it's the case.

When working docx documents, don't you lose the original format when you export it, either bilingual or target? In my case, the sentences are just shown one below the other, losing all the initial format.

It might be necessary to add some setting when importing it, but I haven't figured out what, and at the end I just convert the file into .doc and it woks.

Thank you for your help

JC

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:26
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Nope Sep 5, 2013

To the best of my knowledge, formatting is not lost when you import to or export target from Memoq.

Formatting will be lost only when you choose simplified bilingal export in the old Trados Workbench format.

Regards,

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

docx files and format

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search