TM needs maintenance... Use the Repair function
Thread poster: Joanna Ryzenweber
Joanna Ryzenweber
Poland
Local time: 13:11
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2013

While working on a project, I get the message "The segment appears as saved in your TM, but has not been added... TM needs maintenance before further use".
The problem is, my TM is large (about 1,000,000 segments) and Repair resource takes about 3-4 hours to complete. Not a nice experience in the middle of urgent work, really.
I get this most frequently on two occasions - when I try to use "CTRL+Z" to undo something, or when I return to any completed and confirmed segment to make corrections (but not always - there were cases when it happened for no apparent reason). I can try not to do these things (however inconvenient this may be), but sometimes in a hurry you just instinctively press CTRL+Z and that's four hours of your time gone.

Am I doing something wrong? Can this be avoided? Can anyone help me with this in any way?

Direct link Reply with quote

Valery Afanasiev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Start new TM Oct 5, 2013

Joanna, your TM is really big. Any computer, even a workstation will have troubles handling files of such size. I know because I had similar issues back in the past. Start new TM. And maintain the other (big) one when you have time. and attach it to the project as @read-only". Export it as TMX and check using Okapi Olifant for duplicates, empty entries, "source and target are the same" entries, etc. This may reduce the TM by up to 50%.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM needs maintenance... Use the Repair function

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search