https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/257519-memoq_inverted_all_signs_and.html

MemoQ INVERTED ALL SIGNS (> and
Thread poster: Med_Trans
Med_Trans
Med_Trans
United States
Local time: 23:17
Oct 8, 2013

Has anyone had this happen to them before?

I received a TagEditor TTX file, which I completed and saved.

Then I opened the file with MemoQ V6 because MemoQ allows me to do a lot of things like check for consistency, quickly isolate similar segments, and my favorite feature is the "segment status" (confirmed, not confirmed, proofread, etc.), which tells me what percent of the segments are "confirmed" and I can pace myself.

But when I saved the file, MemoQ in
... See more
Has anyone had this happen to them before?

I received a TagEditor TTX file, which I completed and saved.

Then I opened the file with MemoQ V6 because MemoQ allows me to do a lot of things like check for consistency, quickly isolate similar segments, and my favorite feature is the "segment status" (confirmed, not confirmed, proofread, etc.), which tells me what percent of the segments are "confirmed" and I can pace myself.

But when I saved the file, MemoQ inverted ALL signs ">" ("more than" and "less than") if they had a space before them, but nothing happened if the signs had no space (P>0.01). They look fine on MemoQ, but they are inverted on Trados!

This was a medical document, which led to 40 critical errors. This is a disaster!

Edit:
Edited since forums confuse the "more than" and "less than" signs to be HTML tags, and Proz has a problem with them too *sigh*

[Edited at 2013-10-08 22:33 GMT]
Collapse

Carl Carter
Carl Carter
Germany
Local time: 06:17
German to English
+ ...
Get in touch with Support at Kilgray Oct 9, 2013

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the mishap. That sounds very odd. I'd contact Support at Kilgray if I were you - describe the issue and send them a copy of your project for them to take a look at. I'm sure they'll have Trados licences of their own and can open the files in Trados 2007 or Studio (whatever version the TTX files were created with).

Regards

Carl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ INVERTED ALL SIGNS (> and

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »