Hunspell dictionaries not working for Norwegian
Thread poster: ahenrick
ahenrick
ahenrick  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Nov 11, 2013

I can't get MemoQ 2013 (and previous versions) to spellcheck Norwegian for me. I have downloaded the Hunspell dictionaries a number of times, but I always receive the same error messages. I'm now having the same issue with another CAT tool that uses Hunspell. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Hunspell doesn't work for Norwegian. Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:50
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
More details needed Nov 12, 2013

Amy Henrickson wrote:

I have downloaded the Hunspell dictionaries a number of times

Where from? MemoQ seems to use its own implementation of Hunspell.

I always receive the same error messages.

Namely?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me?

You’d better contact their support and send the above details to them. Unless they’re informed about an issue, they won’t do anything to fix it.

[Edited at 2013-11-12 07:54 GMT]

Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Rename dictionary files Nov 14, 2013

If you use the language option "Norwegian" instead of for instance "Norwegian (bokmål)", you will have to copy and rename some spelling files from nb-no.* to just no.* On my computer they are in the folder C:\ProgramData\MemoQ\Spelling\Hunspell.
I see I have copied and renamed nb-no.dic and nb-no.aff - to no.dic and no.aff.

Elisabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hunspell dictionaries not working for Norwegian

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »