MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 18:04
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 11, 2013

Hello,

As an old user of memoQ, I'm testing out the latest release of this CAT and I'm really enjoying working with it. I especially like the possibility of Term Extraction, Web Research without a separate Browser, the numerous MT plugins, and.. and...

Here an idea to give the translation interface even more power for the translator.
Concordance and the LSC display in yellow are IMO one of the most powerful features in memoQ. Building Termbases takes a lot of time (which now can be reduced with the in-build term extraction), so if one skips that, still terms will be displayed in yellow comming from the translation memories or the LiveDocs.
Terms comming from Termbases are already displayed in blue in the source.

My idea is to make the Longest Concordance String (LSC) display in yellow in the source segments (as an option). This is especially useful if the result window is crowed with a lot of terms or matches and you always have to scroll though it. It will save time to the translator who can see in the source text what he needs and double-click on it. This will insert a term from the termbases or: display the concordance immediately *without the need to scroll the list* .

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-11-11 19:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-11-11 19:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A suggestion for the translation interface in memoQ

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search