importing TMs
Thread poster: Eric Zink

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:35
Member (2012)
German to English
Nov 16, 2013

I think I'm using MemoQ 2013 (I have it at work, so I don't have access here at home).

I want add multiple TMs to a project and then import .tmx TM files into those files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I suspect I'm missing something.

I guess my initial basic question is, how do I control which TM in my MemoQ file receives the contents of the imported .tmx file?

And then my second one would be: if the .tmx isn't reaching that TM, what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
Italian to English
+ ...
the Primary TM Nov 16, 2013

Eric Zink wrote:
how do I control which TM in my MemoQ file receives the contents of the imported .tmx file?

And then my second one would be: if the .tmx isn't reaching that TM, what might I be doing wrong?

One of the TMs is always the Primary TM, which is where the TMX would normally be imported to. However, I believe you can simply select any TM and click on Import from TMX and that TM will be populated.

I cannot help you with the second question, though I presume that if the language is not the same then there may be some compatibility issues.

Anthony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing TMs

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search