importing TMs
Thread poster: Eric Zink

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:06
Member (2012)
German to English
Nov 16, 2013

I think I'm using MemoQ 2013 (I have it at work, so I don't have access here at home).

I want add multiple TMs to a project and then import .tmx TM files into those files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I suspect I'm missing something.

I guess my initial basic question is, how do I control which TM in my MemoQ file receives the contents of the imported .tmx file?

And then my second one would be: if the .tmx isn't reaching that TM, what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:06
Italian to English
+ ...
the Primary TM Nov 16, 2013

Eric Zink wrote:
how do I control which TM in my MemoQ file receives the contents of the imported .tmx file?

And then my second one would be: if the .tmx isn't reaching that TM, what might I be doing wrong?

One of the TMs is always the Primary TM, which is where the TMX would normally be imported to. However, I believe you can simply select any TM and click on Import from TMX and that TM will be populated.

I cannot help you with the second question, though I presume that if the language is not the same then there may be some compatibility issues.

Anthony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing TMs

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search