Continuing free trial period
Thread poster: Eric Zink

Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Member (2012)
German to English
Nov 16, 2013

So about a week ago, I downloaded MemoQ (2013 R, I think) to my computer at home for the 45-day trial period. A few days later, my computer decided to reset to purchase settings, wiping out a bunch of stuff including my MemoQ download. I redid the download, but now my software tells me that I have no license to use it. Is there any way I can continue my free trial?

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:12
Member (2008)
French to English
Ask memoQ Nov 16, 2013

Just send a support email: support@kilgray.com. When I had a 45-day trial I had some questions close to the end of the trial period and memoQ's support provided me with a key that extended the trial another 45 days. Their support is very easy to deal with.

I did later purchase the software.

[Edited at 2013-11-16 12:37 GMT]

Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try that Nov 16, 2013

I actually love the software and was disappointed that I wouldn't get to work with it anymore. I found LOTS of things much more intuitive and easier to do than they are in Trados, which I've been using so far.

[Edited at 2013-11-16 17:08 GMT]

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
do persist with memoQ Nov 16, 2013

Eric Zink wrote:

I actually love the software (...). I found LOTS of things much more intuitive and easier to do that they are in Trados, which I've been using so far.

Eric, you are telling me! My productivity shot up when I moved from Trados (where I was just a number) to memoQ (where I feel like a customer, with all the positives that the true meaning of that term involves). I wouldn't even consider going back to Trados for all the tea in China.

Anthony

Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
not even customer support Nov 16, 2013

I wasn't even thinking of customer support, although Trados seems to make it unnecessarily difficult to learn how to use their product and want payment for support that seems like it should be a normal part of their service.

In a few minutes, I learned that I could generate a TM AND and term base with a single piece of software, modify the source text as well as the target text, and get solution suggestions without first creating a term base that tends to make Trados unstable. Not to mention how much easier and more accurate alignments are. And I'm just getting started.

Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Nov 16, 2013

BTW, I contacted MemoQ customer service, marking my request as "not urgent". I received a reply within about half an hour, and now have the registration code I need.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Continuing free trial period

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search