MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 11:40
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 24, 2013

Hello,
I have transformed a rather long PDF documentation into plain UTF-8 text, and made all possible corrections with search/replace/remove to make the Align in MemoQ as easy as possible. I then have defined some exceptions in the segmentation rules.
The result is a very good one, but still I need to work on the Align.

My question is: by joining & splitting segments, will MemoQ add a space beween the splitted part automatically or not? Do I have to chose the end of a word, add a space and only then chose the Join command ?

Thanks for this clarification!
Mike

[Edited at 2013-11-24 19:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
[Solved] Nov 25, 2013

The answer is yes. There is the danger to glue words together once the MemoQ tags dissapear (by export and editing in other tools.)

Mike

[Edited at 2013-11-25 20:25 GMT]

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What does the Alignment Export into a MemoQ bilingual mqxlz doc? Nov 28, 2013

Hello,

I have figured out solutions for my queries above, but now I have a new question:

In the window that shows the Alignment pairs, there is the option to import / export to or from a mqxlz doc which is (or should be ) a bilingual document.

When I export my alignment pair and then try to open the mqxlz file in the translation document window, this document is then empty.

what is this mqxlz document supposed to do ?
It would be fine if I could get my alignment fully into the translation editor so I can do operations that are not possible in the Alignment grid (especially filtering and completing insertions)

Thanks to feedback,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-11-28 22:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions about reviewing & editing the Align result

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search