Caroline Kopp  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:49
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 19, 2014

Hello,

I am in the middle of an online project using MemoQ 2013. I started the QA check. One hour later, the QA check was not completed and seemed to be blocked. I cancelled.
Since then, it has been impossible to open the project.

The error message is: Unable to open document or project. The request has timed out.

It is impossible to open the project I was working or any other project!

I really need your help! Do anyone have any suggestion??

Thanks very much in advance.
Kind regards,
Caroline

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any memoQ session still running? Jan 19, 2014

Have you had a look at the contents of the Task Manager? In a situation like this, my first thought is that there is still some instance of memoQ running in the background. Do a Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose the Task Manager and, in the Processes tab, see whether there is any process named after memoQ that might be running. Select it and close that process.

Another thing I can think of is that somehow the project list (memoQ keeps an XML file for that) is damaged. In any case, whatever happens to your project, your translations are in the translation memory. In case nothing works, you can always create a new project and apply all your translations in seconds by means of the Operations - Pre-Translate function.

[Edited at 2014-01-19 15:38 GMT]

Caroline Kopp  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no MemoQ seesion running Jan 19, 2014

Thank you for your suggestion.
There is no MemoQ session running.
I have also restarted the computer, but this did not change anything.

István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
online project? Jan 20, 2014

Hi Caroline,

I believe this must be an online project, and probably the term base was remote and this is a big project. Are you working against a customer's server? Can you check if you can check out the project again? There may even be an issue with the server, not necessarily just your translator pro then.

István

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unable to open project

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search