How to import an exported "bilingual review" file?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 22, 2014

Hello everyone

I'm a non-user of MemoQ who has to do an agency job in MemoQ. I can see that I can export the text as "bilingual" files, but the "import" options are greyed out. How can I import an exported file after I've translated and/or edited it?

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2014-01-22 10:01 GMT]

Václav Pinkava
Václav Pinkava  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:18
Czech to English
+ ...
Any luck on the web? Jan 22, 2014

e.g. http://www.translationtribulations.com/2012/08/reimporting-memoq-6-bilingual-files.html

[Edited at 2014-01-22 10:13 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Václav Jan 22, 2014

The URL you mention explains how the import function works when it is not greyed out. In my case (if you look at my screenshot) the import function is greyed out.

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
English to Russian
No way Jan 22, 2014

You cannot import already imported file (after you translated and/or edited it). You can only export it from CAT system. You can import (into CAT) only external file.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Enote Jan 22, 2014

Enote wrote:
You cannot import already imported file (after you translated and/or edited it). You can only export it from CAT system. You can import (into CAT) only external file.

I want to import a file after I've exported it. I know some CAT tools can let you export files without giving you the option of importing it again, but AFAIK MemoQ's bilingual-review functionality is meant for exactly that: first you export the file, then you work on it, then you import it back.

Are you a MemoQ user?

Davide Grillo
Davide Grillo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Not sure... Jan 22, 2014

Hi Samuel,
I think you're working on an online project...so I think there is the possibility that you can proofread the document on memoQ only. Probably no importing and no changes are permitted on online projects.

But...which is the version of the memoQ you're using?(I have the last 2013 R2 now, and I have a reimport feature on online projects as well).

If you have
... See more
Hi Samuel,
I think you're working on an online project...so I think there is the possibility that you can proofread the document on memoQ only. Probably no importing and no changes are permitted on online projects.

But...which is the version of the memoQ you're using?(I have the last 2013 R2 now, and I have a reimport feature on online projects as well).

If you have the 6, please have a look at this link:
http://kilgray.com/memoq/60/help-en/index.html?work_in_a_project_set_up_by_a_.html

Maybe it can be useful.

I cannot check on versions 6 and 6.2 now, sorry, but I'm sure that if you contact Kilgray's support, they will clear your doubts.

Best regards,
Davide
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import an exported "bilingual review" file?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »