Thread poster: Jennifer Schottstaedt
Jennifer Schottstaedt
Jennifer Schottstaedt  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Feb 3, 2014

Hello, colleagues,

Hoping you could give me some answers.

I keep running into this MemoQ 6.2 issue: I try to pre-translate a large group project, and all I get is a message saying "Machine translation not requested". Any ideas on what's going on, please? The TMs and TBs are all active, and I've tried this while connected to the server and not connected to the server; that doesn't seem to make a difference. What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!

Jenni
... See more
Hello, colleagues,

Hoping you could give me some answers.

I keep running into this MemoQ 6.2 issue: I try to pre-translate a large group project, and all I get is a message saying "Machine translation not requested". Any ideas on what's going on, please? The TMs and TBs are all active, and I've tried this while connected to the server and not connected to the server; that doesn't seem to make a difference. What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!

Jennifer

[Edited at 2014-02-03 05:33 GMT]
Collapse

Václav Pinkava
Václav Pinkava  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:01
Czech to English
+ ...
obscure but easily solved Feb 3, 2014

I had the same issue. You need to activate a plugin, e.g. Microsoft - first 2 mill words a year free. There is a tickbox in the Pre-translate options, too. That only appears tickable in certain combinations of the other options, like "good match".
Hope that helps.
Václav

Jennifer Schottstaedt
Jennifer Schottstaedt  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - issue #2 now rears its head! Feb 3, 2014

Hello, Vaclav,

Followed your advice and it works just like you said; thank you! However, this is now appearing when I try to pre-translate:

Language pair: ger -> eng; Machine translation requested but your preferred MT plugin does not support this language pair
[name_of_document] (eng)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The operation has been completed with some warnings.

Any ideas what's going o
... See more
Hello, Vaclav,

Followed your advice and it works just like you said; thank you! However, this is now appearing when I try to pre-translate:

Language pair: ger -> eng; Machine translation requested but your preferred MT plugin does not support this language pair
[name_of_document] (eng)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The operation has been completed with some warnings.

Any ideas what's going on?
Collapse

Václav Pinkava
Václav Pinkava  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:01
Czech to English
+ ...
Language pairs Feb 3, 2014

Hi,

Glad that helped.

Not sure which MT plugin you have enabled, and how you have it configured for language pairs, see under top menu Tools/Options/Machine translations ... but that way lies your answer.
This might be useful too, for the German-English language pair
http://itranslate4.eu/en/applications/memoqplugin
(I have not used it because
... See more
Hi,

Glad that helped.

Not sure which MT plugin you have enabled, and how you have it configured for language pairs, see under top menu Tools/Options/Machine translations ... but that way lies your answer.
This might be useful too, for the German-English language pair
http://itranslate4.eu/en/applications/memoqplugin
(I have not used it because it does not do Czech or Slovak)

Best of luck

Václav

Read this part of the help, in any case:
http://kilgray.com/memoq/60/help-en/index.html?options___machine_translation.html

[Edited at 2014-02-03 11:17 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translate error - "Machine translation not requested"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »