https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/265442-inx_files_cannot_import_the_file_in_memoq_45.html

.inx files - cannot import the file in memoQ 4.5
Thread poster: ConnyG
ConnyG
ConnyG
Germany
Local time: 21:09
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a translator and struggling with some technical issues in my CAT tools. I received some .inx InDesign files from my client and am trying to create a project in memoQ, but when I add the files, I get an error message that the file cannot be imported into memoQ because there is an invalid character.

(TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException / MESSAGE: '', hexidezimaler Wert 0x06, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 1, Position 1.) SOURCE:
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a translator and struggling with some technical issues in my CAT tools. I received some .inx InDesign files from my client and am trying to create a project in memoQ, but when I add the files, I get an error message that the file cannot be imported into memoQ because there is an invalid character.

(TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException / MESSAGE: '', hexidezimaler Wert 0x06, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 1, Position 1.) SOURCE: System.Xml)

I checked, and I have the .inx filter activated. So, do you think something is wrong with the files or do I need to change any settings in the CAT tool?

PS: I also tried to process the files in Trados Studio, but it also gave me an error message saying that the file type cannot be recognized.

I'd appreciate any help very much.

Best,

Conny
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Importing an XML file? Mar 5, 2014

To me problem lies in that you are perhaps importing an XML file with an INX filter (that is what is apparent from the error message). The first character in an XML file, which are usually in Unicode encoding, is usually a special character, and memoQ seems to be finding a problem with that.

If the file has the XML extension, try importing it with the XML filter. The INX filter is for InDesign files.

[Edited at 2014-03-05 06:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.inx files - cannot import the file in memoQ 4.5

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »