Thread poster: sazrogan
sazrogan
sazrogan
Ireland
Local time: 09:45
French to English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2014

With MemoQ, has anyone actually lost ALL of their translated document when synchronising with the server?

This has happened to me twice. With the first time, I had just completed translating a split document and when I synchronised the document seemed to actually deliver instead before reappearing as completely blank. I know that that doesn't explain it well but basically, once I had synchronised the document delivered instead and then closed. Although the file was visible in my lis
... See more
With MemoQ, has anyone actually lost ALL of their translated document when synchronising with the server?

This has happened to me twice. With the first time, I had just completed translating a split document and when I synchronised the document seemed to actually deliver instead before reappearing as completely blank. I know that that doesn't explain it well but basically, once I had synchronised the document delivered instead and then closed. Although the file was visible in my list of files, when I went to open it the document was totally blank. Furthermore, the translation company for whom I was doing the work could not access the completed file either.

The second time was very similar, except that this time I was trying to synchronise when the server was actually down (I didn't find this out until later). This was a large 10,000 word translation that suddenly disappeared into the ether and, obviously, I let my client (translation company) down badly. They could not retrieve the file. The only details that they had was from a synch I had done 24hrs previously. At my end, when I went to open the file it was again blank. The file existed but it was essentially empty.

I do alot of work on MemoQ and these two events in the space of 3 weeks have worried me alot. These were not small jobs and to have them disappear like that was awful. Nevermind the fact that the work then had to be done all over again in record time.

Has anyone out there had any similar problems or does anyone know of any causes/solutions?

Thanks!!!

Sandra
Collapse

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 11:45
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Support? Apr 21, 2014

Hi Sandra,

Did you get in touch with Kilgray support about this?

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
Local time: 10:45
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I had that problem today Apr 21, 2014

I was about to do the finishing touches to a translation, and I clicked on the "view" which has all documents together. I landed on a blank page, and it is impossible to do anything at all. I can't click away the page, and I can't access anything in the menu.

sazrogan
sazrogan
Ireland
Local time: 09:45
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Blank documents Apr 22, 2014

I have contacted support but have not heard anything back yet. I gave it a high priority too. It has me worried now every time that I am working on a project, especially large ones on tight deadlines.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Did you receive any response from Kilgray? May 12, 2014

Hello Sandra,

I was wondering: did you receive any response from Kilgray by now?

Cheers,

Hans

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Save bilingual May 12, 2014

You can almost always save a bilingual local copy of your translation to have a backup. One of my clients for whom I do online projects in MemoQ even requires of me to do so.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ lost translated doc upon synchronisation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »