Thread poster: Thomas Johansson

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:37
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 3, 2014

I recently installed the latest version - memoQ 2013 R2, version 6.8.57 (translator pro). However, I have one major problem with this new version:

Whenever I start translating a new segment, the program automatically sets the first character to upper case. Even if I write a character in lower case, for instance "a", the program automatically changes it to upper case, an "A". Does anyone know how to avoid this behavior? If I type an "a" in the target segment, I want the target segment to show an "a" and not an "A".

Thomas

[Edited at 2014-05-03 09:37 GMT]

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:37
Italian to English
+ ...
AutoCorrect May 3, 2014

Hello Thomas
It's really simple.
Try AutoCorrect (Ctrl-Shift-O) and remove Capitalize first letter of target segments

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:37
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 3, 2014

Anthony Green wrote:

Hello Thomas
It's really simple.
Try AutoCorrect (Ctrl-Shift-O) and remove Capitalize first letter of target segments

Thanks, Anthony! That's what I needed to know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bug - case of first character changed

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search