Thread poster: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:05
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 13, 2014

I'm trying to use 2 term bases on a project but always get the following error when I try to add a new term to both:

-----------------------
TYPE:
System.Exception

Accessing TBLanguageDataEx for a non-existing language.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Termbase.Common
-----------------------

Does anyone know how to solve this? Both term bases are set up with the same source and target language combination (English > Swedish
... See more
I'm trying to use 2 term bases on a project but always get the following error when I try to add a new term to both:

-----------------------
TYPE:
System.Exception

Accessing TBLanguageDataEx for a non-existing language.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Termbase.Common
-----------------------

Does anyone know how to solve this? Both term bases are set up with the same source and target language combination (English > Swedish - both the main, generic language versions) and the problem occurs every time I try to use a second term base in addition to the one set as "primary". It doesn't seem to depend on which term base is set as primary and which is set as second - in either combination, the error occurs as long as I have 2 term bases connected to the project. (I haven't tried more than 2 term bases.) As soon as I remove the second term base from the project, everything works fine (independent of which term base happens to be used).

Thomas
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:05
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Looks like a setup issue May 13, 2014

I use two or more termbases all the time. I would get in touch with Kilgray's support. Some setting or file could be corrupted in your system.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:05
Italian to English
+ ...
Agree with Tomas May 13, 2014

I work all the time with various TBs open, so it is clearly a setup issue, which we users are not really capable of handling

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why not possible to use 2 term bases?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »