Thread poster: James Sweeting
James Sweeting
James Sweeting  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Japanese to English
May 17, 2014

Hello everyone!

I am new to MemoQ and am using it for my translation studies.

I am able to export the final document in the target language, however I will also find it useful if I could print out the alignment page (the page with both the source and target text side by side) So I can read through and adjust any translations.

Is there an option within MemoQ to do this?

Thank you

James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Try this May 17, 2014

On the Project home tab either click "Export bilingual" in the list of options at the bottom of the screen or right-click the project and select "Export bilingual."

Search Help for "Export bilingual" to get more details.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Two-column RTF format May 17, 2014

As James says, choose the Export Bilingual option in the Project Home (Translations) screen, then the Two column RTF format. The printout also lists the segment number, so if you markup the printout with corrections you can go straight to the segment in the translation window with Ctrl-G (Go to) then enter the segment number.

James Sweeting
James Sweeting  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 18, 2014

James, John,

Thank you very much for your responses. Your suggestions worked perfectly, I am now able to print out both ST and TT on the same page.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ Alignment Page Printout Possible?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »