100 versus 101
Thread poster: Juancar

Juancar
English to Spanish
Jul 14, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is not difficult for some of you, but I can't see clearly how to do it.
I have a TM with 100% matches but I don't always trust them. I need to see clearly and quickly which units are mine. I suppose this must be done with the 101% match.
How can I do to make my units appear as 101% matches?

Thanks a lot!

JC

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:05
Italian to English
+ ...
give a penalty to the suspect TM Jul 14, 2014

Hello Juancar
If I have understood your problem correctly, you can simply award a penalty (say 5% or 10%) to the TM which you do not trust, so the segments will come out as 95% or 90% matches while you are working.
Is that what you wanted?

Anthony

Zuzana Novotná  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:05
English to Czech
+ ...
101 is slightly different Jul 14, 2014

Hello,
I think you can´t "make them appear" as 101% matches since 101% match means that the semgment as well as its context (previous and following segments) are identical.

See more here:
http://kb.kilgray.com/article/AA-00238/0/Difference-between-100-and-101-matches.html

Juancar
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
And how... Jul 14, 2014

Thank you Zuzana, I understand the explanation now, but how to make my units appear as 101% matches now?

Thank you as well Anthony, I just need now to know how to set that kind of penalties. I didn't know you can do it like in Trados.

Any idea?

JC

Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 06:05
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
How-to Jul 14, 2014

Hi Juancar,

As Anthony indicates, you need to apply a penalty to get the result you want.

This pages shows how to do it: http://kilgray.com/memoq/60/help-en/index.html

Juancar
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
OK! Jul 14, 2014

OK, now I found out? I was trying with the project TM, not with the General TM settings.

Thanks a million to everyone!!

JC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100 versus 101

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search