marisa2
marisa2  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:46
English to German
+ ...
Jul 19, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I received a document created in Trados Studio for proofreading in memoQ, as I don't work with Trados. This is a 4 column word document, with the columns segment ID, segment status, source segment and target segment. Is there any way I can import this document into memoQ as I have to use the TM?

I tried to import the file with the "Import with options" feature, and when selecting the document choosing *bilingual rtf/doc file*, but memoQ shows all the i
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I received a document created in Trados Studio for proofreading in memoQ, as I don't work with Trados. This is a 4 column word document, with the columns segment ID, segment status, source segment and target segment. Is there any way I can import this document into memoQ as I have to use the TM?

I tried to import the file with the "Import with options" feature, and when selecting the document choosing *bilingual rtf/doc file*, but memoQ shows all the information on the left side in the target column. Is there a trick I a missing? Thank you for your assistance.
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:46
English to Polish
+ ...
Either in Word or ask for SDLXLIFF Jul 19, 2014

I think you can review the file only in Word outside of SDL Trados Studio, or ask your client for the SDLXLIFF version, which you will be able to import into MemoQ, but I am not sure whether you will be able to "track changes", and whether the "tracked changes" will show in Studio when you send the file back.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

HTH

Piotr

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 12:46
English to Chinese
The answer is no Jul 20, 2014

Out of curiosity, I opened a Studio file in MemoQ2014, modified some text and added a comment to the first segment and saved (exported ) the file back in sdlxliff format. None of the changes are displayed when I re-opened the file in Studio.

Chun-yi

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

I am not sure whether you will be able to "track changes", and whether the "tracked changes" will show in Studio when you send the file back.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

HTH

Piotr

Charlotte Farrell
Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:46
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
What I would do... Jul 20, 2014

... is proofread the file in Word with tracked changes. I would also create a project in MemoQ with the source file and the TM, and run a pre-translate on the file to fill in any matches. That way you'd be able to see any matches and check in the Word file for those segments whether the TM has been followed. You can then also use the concordance search in MemoQ for terminology and so on. It involves switching back and forwards between programs but is actually fine once you're in the swing of it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Studio docx for proofreading

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »